Re: printing from within emacs, without having "lpr"

From: martin . sputnik
Subject: Re: printing from within emacs, without having "lpr"
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 23:38:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Saturday, June 25, 2016 at 2:09:19 AM UTC+2, Emanuel Berg wrote:

> ... why not?

I meant, it'smore dignified to print a buffer directly from emacs (as it is
intended  to be) as opposed to write to file, and then print from a shell or
similar.

> > and I don't get much support
>
> Perhaps not, but you can create it with
> shell programming. Anything you like.

I guessed so, I thought perhaps there's a more direct way.

And actually I solved it.

Very silly actually: the problem was: the new print command was "print". But it
turned out not to be the ``real'' print command, it's a shell-script wrapper
for the real command "pushprint", perhaps print was deemed more "userfriendly"
terminology. Unfortunately, the parameter passing does not work properly in the
wrapper, which means, using "print" as "lpr-command" results in that the buffer
content gets lost on the way  and is not printed. With pushprint it works (as
long as I can avoid being asked for password).

Thanks.

Martin