Re: using use-package

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: using use-package
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 15:03:35 +0100

>> What about something like this below? We can now do something like:
> [...]
>> (add-hook 'after-load-functions
>>           'extend-key--after-load-function)
>
> Still relies basically on eval-after-load, which I think is brittle
> (and ugly).

Oh, sure. But it requires no support at the other end -- it will work
with existing packages. I think we need something that has this
capability. I can see no way of achieving this wit

> I think a cleaner way would be to introduce a `define-keymap'.

I'd agree with this. It would be simple to get this to work with
something like extend-key so that

(extend-key my-mode-map "e" 'excellent)

(define-keymap my-mode-map)

would work, without the use of the after-load-functions hook.

Phil