Re: Page Up/Down Issues With Emacs in Terminal

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Page Up/Down Issues With Emacs in Terminal
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 00:39:49 +0200

Dmitry Alexandrov <321942@gmail.com> writes:

> What is ‘(zsh) terminal’? I only know that
> there is a free Bourne compatible shell named
> ‘zsh’. Examples of terminals are: VT-100,
> Linux® Console, FreeBSD Console.

C'mon, don't be patronizing - it is a common
and natural mix-up.

VT100: introduced in 1978 by DEC. It has been
emulated ever since tho.

The OP is not using the Linux VTs because those
keys don't even work there!

> $ echo "$TERM"

Here, TERM can be a false friend. For example,
I run tmux so it says "screen" in the Linux VTs
as well as in xterm!

It is better to just think "what program am
I using?"

                   - so far: 56 Blogomatic articles -