rotating the palette (was: Re: Suggested font lock preferences for GNU E

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: rotating the palette (was: Re: Suggested font lock preferences for GNU Emacs)
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 23:41:26 +0200

Stupid jokes, aside, this idea of outputting
a chart of all combinations is brilliant, it
makes it so much easier to see what probably
will work!

Here is yet another dump with the red replaced
with yellow-on-green. That way, it looks more
futuristic! But actually the future will be
even more modern...

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/figures/gnus/las-vegas.png

However, I looked for a similar function in
Emacs, but 1) it doesn't seem to work for me;
must be a configuration issue as it works with
'emacs -Q', and 2) it just shows the colors as
for- and backgrounds, not all combinations.
Is there another function?

Compare the output of my shell function:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/figures/shell/plain-bold-background.png

By the way, running the shell function in the
Emacs shell doesn't show any colors at all!
Hah, to be I guy so much into colors, I sure
managed to brake them along the whole
"spectrum"...

                   - so far: 56 Blogomatic articles -