Re: C Headers completion candidates

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: C Headers completion candidates
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 09:02:00 -0400

> I want a set of completion candidates for c-headers, something like
> `auto-complete c headers'. Only, I do not want the complete ac-library
> tagged along, nor do I want the popups.
> Personally, I want to use the icicles interface, where I feel
> comfortable.

That's part of the motivation behind completion-at-point-functions: some
way to specify which completions make sense at the current position in
the buffer, which can then be used by different UIs (don't know if
Icicles supports it, but it's supported by company-mode as well as by
the default `completion-at-point` (bound to M-TAB by default or to TAB
if you set `tab-always-indent` to `complete`))

        Stefan