Re: Compilation in C and ADA

From: Kendall Shaw
Subject: Re: Compilation in C and ADA
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 09:23:21 -0700

On 07/19/2016 04:11 AM, Edward Zacharek wrote:

In order to compile the adb file, I click on tools->compile, and press on
"enter", and this is the error message that I receive:
"make -k
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Compilation exited abnormally with code 2 at Tue Jul 19 14:10:18".

The other answers include this information, but the basic problem is that tools->compile isn't meant to be figuring out on it's own how to compile the file that is in your buffer.

By default, it is looking for a make file and not finding one. So, it says so.

Essentially, first figure out how to build your ada/c files from the command line, then figure out how to create a single command that does that, then have tools->compile use that command.

Kendall

As for a C file, this is what I get:

"make -k
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Compilation exited abnormally with code 2 at Tue Jul 19 14:11:04",
So I get exactly the same error.
I think I am doing something wrong.

Can you please help me out?

Best Regards