Re: C-k messes up display -- have to redraw-display

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: C-k messes up display -- have to redraw-display
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2016 08:28:04 +0300

> Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 16:22:58 -0700 (PDT)
> From: rob.dunne@gmail.com
>
> /tmp/emacs-25.1
> > emacs -Q  t.tex  #file with 1 letter per line -- a to h
> #I put the cursor at a and press C-k -- it clears to the end of line
> #I press C-k again to get rid of the blank line and the display then looks
> like
>
> M-x redraw display fixes it

What you describe means that the software that actually draws to the
glass doesn't do what Emacs tells it to do.

Check the settings of your video hardware -- if there are some
"optimization" features there, turn them off, reboot, and try again.

If that doesn't help, check your versions and configuration of the X
related stuff (Xlib etc.) -- maybe you have some broken version.