Re: emacs interface with gpg-agent stopped working (or stopped caching p

From: Derk Ire
Subject: Re: emacs interface with gpg-agent stopped working (or stopped caching passphrase)
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 11:50:38 -0700

Teemu,

Setting epg-gpg-program in ~/.emacs fixed the problem

;;in ~/.emacs

(setq epg-gpg-program "gpg2")

I also found that with the program versions listed in OP, I no longer
need to start gpg-agent in my .Xesession (or equivalent), nor do I
need to set any environment variables. Emacs will in fact start
gpg-agent when needed, and it automagically works, with
gnome-ssh-askpass popping up, and remembering the passphrase for a
while.

Thank much for your insight.

(3d time trying to post this reply, hope I got it right this time)