Eshell tramp and multihop

From: Divan Santana
Subject: Eshell tramp and multihop
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 12:23:04 +0200

Hi All,

I'm really hoping to be able to replace my X terminals with some mode in
Emacs.

Though find it pretty difficult to do so far.

That's mostly because I'm new to Emacs and still missing a lot of basics
which I hope to learn in time.

One of the issues I have is with eshell and tramp.

How to use eshell with tramp with multihops

So when you need to use multihops with TRAMP you need a pipe AFAIK.

Something like this works just find from find-file

/ssh:user@remotenode|sudo:root@remotenode:/root/somefile.txt

I can't get eshell working with tramp and multihop directly.

I would expect this to work in eshell:

/ssh:user@remotenode|sudo:root@remotenode:/root

It seems not to like the pipe. Not sure if there is away around that?

For now the method I have is to open the remote "path" via find-file,
then spwan eshell after that. That seems to work.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated :)
--
Divan Santana