Re: properly setting up ~/.emacs.d for daemon usage

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: properly setting up ~/.emacs.d for daemon usage
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 22:47:24 +0100

Filipe Silva <filipe.silva@gmail.com> writes:

[snip]

> Make sense? How would an emacs user properly setup his ~/.emacs.d/ so that
> it plays well with the daemon feature?

What's your specific problem? Themes should work fine regardless of you
using --daemon. Just call load-theme as usual.

If you want different settings for graphical frames than from text
frames, use after-make-frame-functions. There, put a function that
checks if the current frame is graphical/textual and apply the
corresponding settings.

FWIW, I use --daemon all the time and so far had no need for such
function. If the above still does not resolve your problem, please show
one of those snippets which depend on display-graphic-p.