Re: cannot disable paren matching

From: Don Woods
Subject: Re: cannot disable paren matching
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 17:46:36 -0700 (MST)

> > Are you sure that the culprit is the (show-paren-mode) ?
> >
> > M-x describe-mode ps-mode said

> >>               ps-mode-r-gt
> > ]               ps-mode-r-angle
> > }               ps-mode-r-brace
>
> In Emacs 25 these are all bound to `self-insert-command', so I suspect
> that's the issue (and not show-paren-mode).
>
>         John

We have a winner!!  Indeed, in Emacs 22 and 24 those functions all
use (insert ">") and such, rather than self-insert-command.  I changed
them to use (self-insert-command 1) and now they behave as desired!
(I suppose the 1 might be optional.  Whatever.  It works!)

Thanks, John!  And apparently there is no lingering bug to be fixed,
since Emacs 25 already includes the correction.

        -- Don.