Re: help of some commands not found

From: Michele Bert
Subject: Re: help of some commands not found
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 16:34:48 +0100

> What are you exactly trying to do?

Nothing important, I was just reading documentation of radomly choosen
commands. But the same happens on a number of commands.

> Trying to guess, I assumed that you are searching for a function's
> description. Trying "C-h f" (same as menu "Help" -> "Describe" ->
> "Describe Function...") gives for me:
>
> What happens for you if you try those steps?

Really I am searching for _command_ help: "C-h F replace-string" gives:
Next: Regexp Replace,  Prev: Replace,  Up: Replace
(emacs)Top > Search > Replace > Unconditional Replace

| 19.9.1 Unconditional Replacement
| --------------------------------
|
| `M-x replace-string <RET> STRING <RET> NEWSTRING <RET>'
|      Replace every occurrence of STRING with NEWSTRING.
|
|    To replace every instance of `foo' after point with `bar', use the
| command `M-x replace-string' with the two arguments `foo' and `bar'.
| Replacement happens only in the text after point, so if you want to
| cover the whole buffer you must go to the beginning first.  All
| occurrences up to the end of the buffer are replaced; to limit
| replacement to part of the buffer, activate the region around that
| part.  When the region is active, replacement is limited to the region
| (see Mark).
| [...]

With "C-h F format-decode-buffer", I get:

Next: Acknowledgments,  Prev: Variable Index,  Up: Top
(emacs)Top > Concept Index

--
Mick