viewing docx files

From: Devin Prater
Subject: viewing docx files
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 09:36:44 -0600

Hi all. I'm running Gnu-Emacs (latest brew install emacs version) on MacOS Sierra. I run Emacs in the terminal, and use the Emacspeak package for access, since I am blind. I received an email (gnews), with an attachment, two docx files for reading. I was able to download the attachments to my ~/ directory. I opened the file (c-x c-f then tab completion), but it opened in the archive viewer. I've read online that there is a DocViewer, but I cannot get Emacs to open the files in that doc viewer. Using PanDoc in a shell, I was able to convert the docx file to a usable HTML file, but if there's a way to natively view these types of files, I'd be saving a lot of time.
Thanks for any help.

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com