Re: Rmail: 'reply' vs 'reply-all'?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Rmail: 'reply' vs 'reply-all'?
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 17:43:43 +0200

> From: Christopher Pinon <cjpinon@secondfloor.xyz>
> Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 13:05:40 +0100
>

> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Rmail-Reply.html
>
> suggests (on my reading) that typing 'r' will add the 'CC' field to the
> header if the incoming message contains recipients in this field. In
> contrast, typing 'C-u r' will omit the 'CC' field entirely.
>
> Unfortunately, in my testing, typing 'r' (like 'C-u r') omits the 'CC'
> field when the incoming message contains recipients in this field, and I
> have to add this field manually if I want to have it.

That's not what I see here, with Rmail: 'r' responds to the "From"
address, and places all the addresses from "To" and "CC" (if any) in
the "CC" field of the response.  "C-u r" produces a response with a
single address in "To", and no "CC".

I wonder why this doesn't happen to you.  Maybe you have some
customizations which cause this?