Re: Creating New Files Using Ido

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Creating New Files Using Ido
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 00:55:51 +0200

On 05.02.2017 00:49, Robert Thorpe wrote:
Often, I want to create a new file that has a similar filename to
an existing file.  This is due to a naming convention used where I work.

Suppose that there's a file called "foo".  I want to make a file called
"f".  That is, I want to make a file with a name that's a prefix of an
existing file.

I usually have Ido enabled.  I can't figure out how to do this without
disabling it.  The problem is that it always completes to the name of
the existing file.  Is there a way to do this with Ido on?

Yes. Instead of RET, press C-j.