Re: How to apply (multi file) patches conveniently

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: How to apply (multi file) patches conveniently
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 17:48:05 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> I just mark the entire patch in Emacs, then invoke "M-|", and type
>
>   patch -d /the/root/directory/of/the/project -pN
>
> where N should be chosen by counting the slashes that you will want
> Patch to remove before looking for files relative to that root
> directory.  For patches produced by "git diff" etc., N is typically 1.

Ok thanks, then for now, I'll use a little command that is doing that
for me (funnily it seems to be impossible to type M-| with a German
keyboard, not even in X, because you need to hit Meta and AltGr and < at
the same time, and that doesn't generate an event at all).

And I guess epatch just makes nonsense and should be fixed.

Thanks,

Michael.