Re: How to apply (multi file) patches conveniently

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: How to apply (multi file) patches conveniently
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 21:50:17 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> No, that is unlikely (and never happened to me).  But I thought the
> failure to apply was the original motivation for the question, no?

Yes, but it's trivial to try again after marking a region, compared to
what I had to do with `epatch' (specifying paths of N files again).

I think applying a patch should not be a "work" of several minutes.  As
long as we speak about 5 +/- 3 seconds or so, I don't care if I have to
mark a region and try again any third time or so.

> >      (format "patch -d '%s' -p1"
>                          ^^^^
> Never quote command arguments by hand, always use
> shell-quote-argument.

Oh - indeed, thanks!

Michael.