Re: Getting rid of the GUI pop-ups

From: torys . anderson
Subject: Re: Getting rid of the GUI pop-ups
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 14:44:52 -0700

I can indeed get rid of the GUI pop-ups by changing my gpg settings, adding the following to ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf

allow-emacs-pinentry

This solves the original question, putting prompts back in emacs.

It also reveals that my problem is not the prompt, as these emacs prompts take just as long to appear as did the popups. However, they are fast on my practically identically configured laptop. If anyone has ideas on why or how to debug this, I'm all ears.

- Tory