How to debug function that uses macros

From: Joe Riel
Subject: How to debug function that uses macros
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 10:20:29 -0800

How do I debug, using edebug, a function that uses macros?
I want to step through the macro expansion.

The obvious way to do this is to first create the fully
expanded function, then use edebug on that.  Maybe there
is a better way, but that should work.  But how do I
create the fully expanded function?   Neither macroexpand
nor macroexpand-all do anything useful here that I can tell.
For example

  (macroexpand-all '(my-function))

just displays (my-function).

--