Re: problem: M-a M-e gives symbol's function definition is voide

From: hector
Subject: Re: problem: M-a M-e gives symbol's function definition is voide
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 14:53:39 +0100

In my system "beginning-of-python-def-or-class" is defined in python-mode.el
which belongs to package python-mode.

The key binding for this function in my system is not M-a but C-M-a.
My version of python-mode is 5.1.0.

Another hint could be given by running the command

find /usr/share/emacs* -name 'python*'

In my system I get the lines:

/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/python-mode/python-mode.el
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/python-mode/python-mode.elc

So you can see if everything is properly installed.