Re: string-bytes and coding systems

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: string-bytes and coding systems
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 22:10:16 -0800

Alexis <flexibeast@gmail.com> writes:

>> It's not really a user command, I'm exporting vCard objects to a file.
>
> Might my `org-vcard` package be of any help to you?
>
> https://github.com/flexibeast/org-vcard
>
> It very much needs refactoring to separate out the vCard
> input-and-output stuff from everything else - i've been struggling to
> find the time and energy to do so - but maybe you'll find some of the
> machinery useful?

Yes! I didn't know this was out there -- it's always good to see other
people's approach to the same problems. Thanks!

It's true your package is closely tied to Org mode. I'm sure I'll still
be able to take some pointers from it, though. Thank god I'm not trying
to support vCard 2.1.

Here's where I'm at now. It does the escaping, but the line folding
(while implemented) isn't actually called; I'm still chewing on Eli's
pointers.

https://github.com/girzel/ebdb/blob/master/ebdb-vcard.el

Eric