Re: How to use rmail.el on windows

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: How to use rmail.el on windows
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 01:00:46 +0000

"张军峰" <hengaini2055@qq.com> writes:
> I use emacs 25.1 on windows 7, I want to use rmail to read mail in pop.qq.com。
>    I set rmail-inbox-list: pop://hengaini2055:password@pop.qq.com:995。M-x
> rmail,I get the error info as follows:
>    movemail: Error connecting to POP server: Could not determine POP server's
> address

Can you show us the exact elisp?

You need something like:

(setq rmail-primary-inbox-list
   '("pop://hengaini2055:password@pop.qq.com:995"))

Notice the ' at the start because this is a list containing one entry.

Many email servers don't accept simple usernames anymore, the domain has
to be added onto them.  Here your username is just "hengaini2055". It
may be necessary to add a domain to that.  It is with my email
provider.  If you're already using an email program then you can find
out how it's written by looking in it's configuration.

If that doesn't work, ask again, there are other things to try.

BR,
Robert Thorpe