Re: 𝜖 implies large line spacing

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: 𝜖 implies large line spacing
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 14:46:24 +0100

> * Marco Wahl:
>
>> Can anyone confirm that C-x 8 RET MATHEMATICAL ITALIC EPSILON SYMBOL
>> (which creates 𝜖) yields a large line spacing for the line
>> with the 𝜖?
>
> Interesting.  It is indeed very visible in Gnus, with this font:
>
> -unknown-TeX Gyre Termes Math-normal-normal-normal-*-16-*-*-*-*-0-iso10646-1

Thanks for testing.

> I think it's a property of the font Emacs selects for this character,
> and not really Emacs' fault (except for not sticking to a more useful
> font).

Okay.  Thanks for your evaluation.

Actually I'm not so happy with those large line spacings.

I tried some fonts (e.g. Inconsolata and Courier) from Options."Set
Default Font" but did not find any font keeping the line spacing small.

Any hints how to keep the line spacing small?  And even use the
Inconsolata font?

Best regards,
              Marco