Re: org-forward-sentence moving by paragraphs, not sentences?

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: org-forward-sentence moving by paragraphs, not sentences?
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 21:24:58 +0700

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 6:50 PM, Roland Tarver
<roland.tarver@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I am using org-mode (which is just amazing!) and I seem to be having trouble
> with moving forward and backward by sentences.
>
> Interestingly, M-e and M-a work as they should whilst moving through the
> online
> tutorial (C-h t).

My crystal ball says you might be using a full stop and a single space
between sentences but Emacs by default expects that sentences are
separated with a full stop and a double space.

The tutorial happens to use double spacing.

See (describe-variable sentence-end-double-space) for details.