Re: aborting TRAMP / SSH passphrase prompt

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: aborting TRAMP / SSH passphrase prompt
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 15:23:47 +0100

> Hi list,

Hi Ricardo,

> The problem I had just now was that I was stuck in an unabortable
> password prompt loop.
>
> I’m using Emacs 25.1.1 on a GNU system.
>
> How can something like this be avoided in the future?  (Am I just
> holding it wrong?)  Should I report this as a bug?  It’s hard to
> reproduce this *exactly*, because each time it’s not clear to me how
> *exactly* I got into this mess.

Yes, I would regard this as a bug, pls report it. I will see what could
be done; something like quitting twice (C-g C-g) should bring you out of
the jail.

I cannot promise that a fix will go into the next Emacs 25.x
release. But the next Tramp release, 2.3.2, planned for end of June,
shall fix it.

> Ricardo

Best regards, Michael.