Re: Build failure caused by a .tit file

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Re: Build failure caused by a .tit file
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 19:19:59 +0300

On 2017-04-18 17:56 +0300, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> Does the file lisp/international/uni-bidi.el exist? is it non-empty?

Yes.

> If it does exist, do you have EMACSDATA or EMACSPATH variables set in
> the environment?  Do you run Emacs from a shell or from inside another
> Emacs session?

Within a shell within Emacs.  Those variables are not set.

> The backtrace indicates that something goes terribly wrong during
> Emacs startup, and it doesn't find some of the files it needs for
> that.

Responding also to the other message of yours, my local copy of the repo
does not contain any extraneous files I know of, I just update it via
‘git pull’ every now and then.  I have a branch that I build my stable
versions from, but this troublesome build is on master.

> (And why are we still discussing this on help-gnu-emacs?)

I'll retry on the weekend from a pristine copy of the repo that I'll
fetch from the upsteam, and report the results.  Should I switch to
emacs-devel?