Re: Build failure caused by a .tit file

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Build failure caused by a .tit file
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 19:39:30 +0300

> From: Göktuğ Kayaalp <self@gkayaalp.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 19:19:59 +0300
>
> > If it does exist, do you have EMACSDATA or EMACSPATH variables set in
> > the environment?  Do you run Emacs from a shell or from inside another
> > Emacs session?
>
> Within a shell within Emacs.  Those variables are not set.

Try from a shell outside Emacs.

> Responding also to the other message of yours, my local copy of the repo
> does not contain any extraneous files I know of, I just update it via
> ‘git pull’ every now and then.  I have a branch that I build my stable
> versions from, but this troublesome build is on master.

What does "git status" say in the repo where you build?

One more thing to try: remove all the *.elc files in the source tree,
and try building again.

> > (And why are we still discussing this on help-gnu-emacs?)
>
> I'll retry on the weekend from a pristine copy of the repo that I'll
> fetch from the upsteam, and report the results.  Should I switch to
> emacs-devel?

No, please use "M-x report-emacs-bug RET", which will send the report
to the bug tracker and also to the bug-gnu-emacs mailing list.  Then
let's take it from there (assuming building a fresh clone still
crashes or errors out).  The right place to discuss Emacs bugs is via
the bug tracker.  All the core maintainers subscribe to the bug list.

Thanks.