Re: How to send a request to a Website.

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: How to send a request to a Website.
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 10:24:25 -0700

Thierry Leurent <thierry.leurent@asgardian.be> writes:

> Thank you your help but it don't work.
>
> It's not a syntax problem.
> The code return a result. IMHO, it's a trouble with the content of the http
> request.
> I'm not an lisp programmer and I have some trouble to understand how the code
> work.

Okay sorry, I was just fixing the obvious lisp errors in your example, I
didn't actually try the code.

`url-retrieve-synchronously' returns a buffer containing the URL
contents, not the data itself. So it should look like this:

(require 'url)
(require 'url-http)
(require 'json)
(defvar data-buffer
  (let ((url-request-method "POST")
        (url-request-extra-headers
         `(("Content-Type" . "application/x-www-form-urlencoded")
           ("Authorization" . "bearer
1zzpkqkabx2v424kjn8yqmfjhywzny6sn2bmb7kt")))
        (url-request-data (json-encode '(:title "Post using emacs."))))
    (url-retrieve-synchronously
"https://asgardian.be/WordPress/wp-json/wp/v2/posts?state=1234&access_token=1zzpkqkabx2v424kjn8yqmfjhywzny6sn2bmb7kt";)))
(display-buffer data-buffer)

If there's something wrong with the actual authorization process, of
course, I won't be able to help with that. But to my knowledge the above
should be the equivalent of the Python code you posted.

Eric