Re: HTML rendering and docview not

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: HTML rendering and docview not
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 07:22:21 +0200

Tomas Nordin wrote:

>> emacs 26.0.50 and notmuch 0.24 (new
>> computer, new everything). In a notmuch-show
>> buffer (reading a message) on an attachment
>> "button" one can call
>> notmuch-show-view-part. If part is a pdf,
>> docview will run and the pdf is displayed
>> within emacs. Very cool, but I would prefer
>> it to open with an external application.
>
> I let this question remain for a while.

Without using whatever it is you are using, you
can always browse the code for the function that
brings up the PDF. It should pretty early
extract or assemble a path (or URL?) to that
file, and you can use this function do to the
very same, only you use it as an argument to an
external process wich runs xpdf, evince or
whatever you want instead. It should be
a two-or-three line interface/wrapper, or so!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573