Re: About how misspelled word are displayed

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: About how misspelled word are displayed
Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 16:59:45 +0200

N. Raghavendra wrote:

> There are so many setq's in the init file,
> most of which, I'm sure, are for options,
> that it will take me a while to migrate them
> to this modified `custom-set-variable'.

The distinction between a variable and an
option should not be dramatized. `setq' works
for both as an option is a variable just
as much.

`set-variable' is interactive so you can use it
with M-x and TAB if you don't know/remember the
exact option name.

Setting options interactively all the time
should be avoided tho - better to look for
generalized configs that'll stick and be part
of your Emacs personality.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573