Re: About how misspelled word are displayed

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: About how misspelled word are displayed
Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 17:22:08 +0200

Emanuel Berg wrote:

> Oh, `set-variable' can also be used to set
> local options, as in the below Elisp.
> (Actually, it is the only `set-variable' I have
> in all my Elisp. I have 238 grep hits for
> "setq".)

Talking about this, I remember there was
a discussion, I think it was with
Pascal Bourguignon, on this list, and he made
the case the more general `setf' should be
prefered to `setq'. But I don't remember the
case he made. Something with quoting, or not
quoting, variables (') and functions (#')?
I don't know if he reads this list anymore;
I found his web page [1] but no e-mail, so
I can't CC him.

[1] http://www.informatimago.com

--
underground experts united