Re: call function in other window ?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: call function in other window ?
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 12:50:05 +0200

On Sun, May 21 2017, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
Kidding aside, for me, it is more important right now to work on information discovery than on writing a few lines of code that I may or may not use in the future. Emacs is so huge that there is always the possibility to just not find what is right under my nose because the information is hard to discover *or* because I would not think of looking for it in the right place.

It may help to learn a bit about Info-mode, if you haven't already. The Emacs and Elisp manuals have an index, which you can access by typing `i'. If you use a package such as ivy or helm, you'll see a list of all the index terms (well, only the first few, of course) and typing a word will narrow down that list. The nice thing about ivy and helm is that what you type doesn't need to match the beginning of an index item.

Also, Info-mode has a regex search function, which you can access with `s'. Together, `i' and `s' usually help me to find the right place in the Info manual without having to go to Google. (Though admittedly, Google also helps, sometimes... ;-) )

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments