Re: call function in other window ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: call function in other window ?
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 02:19:47 +0200

Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

> Possibly. But most of the documentation
> I work with is not Emacs specific and
> generally does not come in anything but PDF.

The PDF format isn't made to be interactive.
It is made to look good, to look the same on
all computers, and to be easy to print.

Depending on what you do with Emacs, and what
PDFs, there might still be some interactive
gain from using Emacs to browse PDFs.
For example there might be URLs and you can
then use Emacs-w3m to browse or bookmark them.
Or if you quote some paragraph from the PDF you
can yank it right into your buffer.

And a couple of such cases. But I suppose there
isn't a huge loss using an external viewer.
There are other cases when brining your stuff
to Emacs is a much bigger gain.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573