Re: call function in other window ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: call function in other window ?
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 10:14:22 +0200

> I wouldn't be so sure (Adobe would sell my
> grandma if that were profitable to them).
> Besides, it seems to be known outside of
> Adobe how to "do" Javascript in PDF anyway.
>
> But my main point was the irony: Adobe gains
> market dominance (a long story having to do
> with PostScript, laser printers and things),
> imposes a document standard (PDF) touted as
> open, ISO and things, especially touted as
> "safe" for documents (because, as opposed to
> PostScript it's *not* a programming
> language), then turns around and makes
> *proprietary* extensions (referenced from the
> standard as _normative_. Yikes) to that with
> an embedded executable language. Bad,
> Adobe, bad.

Man, how on earth did this happen? It is so
bizarre. Isn't the PDF something that came out
of Xerox PARC and the PostScript stuff in the
70s-80s? While JavaScript is part of the
90s Netscape era with the whole Internet or
"world wide web" mania?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573