Re: F10 → menu

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: F10 → menu
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 15:25:55 +1000

Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@gmail.com> writes:

I don't remember what I did but at some point last week every time I hit F10 I had a graphical collapsed menu that was displayed at the top
left of the frame (on OSX). And then I probably did something
(uninstall a package or whatnot) and now the behavior is back to the
bottom buffer displaying the menus.

The latter, at least, sounds to me like `tmm-menubar` being enabled:

Text-mode emulation of looking and choosing from a menubar. See the
   documentation for ‘tmm-prompt’.
X-POSITION, if non-nil, specifies a horizontal position within the menu bar; we make that menu bar item (the one at that position) the
   default choice.

Note that <f10> by default drops down TTY menus; if you want it
   to invoke ‘tmm-menubar’ instead, customize the variable
   ‘tty-menu-open-use-tmm’ to a non-nil value.

Alexis.