Re: additional functionality for html-helper-mode

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: additional functionality for html-helper-mode
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 14:39:39 +0200

Yuri Khan wrote:

>> When I say it would be like a new editor,
>> I mean that the keybindings for doing all
>> the html coding in web-mode would likely be
>> completely different from those in
>> html-helper-mode... they definitely were in
>> html-mode. Imagine how many different html
>> markups there are... idk, perhaps
>> hundreds... I don't want to have to learn
>> all new keybindings for another,
>> different mode.
>
> You don’t need to relearn keybindings.
> You can instead port your keybindings to
> a new underlying mode.

>From Ken's posts it seems he doesn't write HTML
as much as use shortcuts to insert all the
tags. Then I suppose it would require some work
to export all of that to another mode where
likely the insert functions also have different
names and so on.

It would also be a constant discussion - when
to re-learn, when to tweak the new stuff to
your old ways.

The "insert way" of producing code never
appealed to me, as I love typing (the physical
aspect of it), but reading Ken's post I suspect
he is the opposite as otherwise I don't
understand where all hundreds of HTML-specific
shortcuts would come from. (?)

>From an efficiency standpoint, typing is good
as it is more versatile and is readily
transferable between modes. It is more
flexible. Relying heavily on mode-specific
things is the opposite, but when taken to
a certain degree of perfection, for that
particular mode and task I suppose it could be
insanely fast and efficient.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573