Re: weird key bindings...

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: weird key bindings...
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 15:24:30 +0900

> On May 29, 2017, at 14:54, Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> wrote:
>
>> Ok, it looks like I get expected keybindings (as far
>> as org-mode is concerned at least) when I launch
>> emacs with -nw. When I launch it with a graphical
>> frame, I get a lot of bindings overridden.
>
> It might be your desktop environment and/or
> window manager does something else with those keys so
> the application within the frame doesn't get it.

No, I do get them but they are not bound to the "usual" org functions. They
either become navigation functions or end up being "non defined".

> Actually, it should be the other way around but in the
> accursed Apple world I suppose anything is possible.

To me it looks more like Emacs is getting settings from someplace else in
graphical frame mode. By the way, I get the exact same behavior with Aquamacs.
When launched in -nw I get the org-mode bindings, when in graphical frame, I
get "normal" bindings.

Jean-Christophe