Re: building emacs

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Re: building emacs
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 07:19:53 -0400

I'm not an authoritative source but:

1. I'd generally always run ./configure again no matter what the software
is unless I absolutely knew the ins and outs of the configure script and
knew nothing had changed.

2. make is an incremental build system generally, though emacs use of it
might not be such. Have you tested it? Just run make and then modify a
single source file and run make again and see what happens.