Re: OSX Mail app → Emacs ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: OSX Mail app → Emacs ?
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2017 11:38:00 +0200

Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> writes:

> However, the original point was that
> single-message-per-file storage allows using
> *general-purpose UNIX tools* on messages. That is
> not the case, because they do not have the knowledge
> of what decoding to apply.

There is no "decoding" needed for plain text mails in
the latin alphabet. That's the code everything is in
to begin with and the more you keep it that way on
a computer the simpler it gets to do whatever.

I can cd to ~/Mail/mail/misc and grep 'decode' and
see that there are five mails containing that word.
It takes an instant and there is no need to install
additional software or index any material.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573