Re: config problems and bisecting an org-mode configuration file

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: config problems and bisecting an org-mode configuration file
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2017 13:56:18 +0100

Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> writes:

> When Emacs configs are small they're reasonably similar to configurations for
> other programs.
>
> However, when they grow they are essentially like programs.  They're
> software development problems in their own right.
>
> In that case I think it's useful to apply the methods of large-scale
> software development.  Version control, for example.
>
> Perhaps you do that though.

Not quite in version control, although its backed up hourly, but as my
config is in org-mode every block of code is timestamped when it was
inserted or changed, so it is possible to navigate to specific modules
either with Imenu, or the date.

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 9.0, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1, org-mode 9.0.7