Re: Japanese input in Linux environment (fcitx-mozc)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Japanese input in Linux environment (fcitx-mozc)
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 09:53:08 +0200

Maria Shinoto wrote:

> - Emacs in the terminal works with Japanese
> (fcitx-mozc) flawlessly. - It seems to be
> a problem with GUI Emacs not being able to
> use fcitx-mozc.

Ha! This is the second time in a row that
terminal Emacs gets it right while the
GUI ditto doesn't, and both issues are
superficially unrelated (last time it was some
org-mode issue).

> If there is a wish to test GUI Emacs with
> East Asian Language scripts on Linux in order
> to get this fixed, I will be happy to be of
> assistance.

Yes, of course, do it!

> For the time being, I will have to step back
> and wait for my next holidays to go
> on experimenting.

My favorite Mao quote is you shouldn't let
school disturb your studies. I suppose the
adult version would be you shouldn't let work
obligations interfere with what's important for
you to do :)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573