Re: Major and minor modes

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Major and minor modes
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 13:48:59 +0200

Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> writes:

>> There are tons of those -- everything "domain
>> specific language" goes a bit in that direction.
>
> ... - how exactly do you define that?
>
> I always thought of Elisp, SQL, LaTeX, the dialects
> of BASIC, etc. to be domain specific.

Perhaps one should make a distinction between
"platform specific" and "domain specific"?

LaTeX is domain specific to documents and SQL is
domain specific to databases.

But Elisp, while platform specific to Emacs, the
domain is limited only in the Turing sense, which
I never pretended to understand anyway (except for on
exam day).

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573