Re: Changing the factor used in universal arugment

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Changing the factor used in universal arugment
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 20:47:41 +0200

Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

> If you mean granularity in movement functions for
> example, then you can have a wrapper function that
> interprets C-u, C-u C-u, .. differently, and then
> use the same wrapper fn to advice multiple fns in
> a loop.

Good idea ... but is this easy or difficult to do?

For a single function, is it enough to divide by 4 and
then multiply by the new value?

An advice could be used for a new function but then it
might as well do it itself. Unless there are several
new functions who all need this!

For an old function a user-defined advice may be
risky: is the user aware of all entry points? also, it
might screw up interactiveness - here I might be wrong
tho because I never liked advices to begin with so
I have close to zero experience - just a hunch...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573