Re: Semantic mode for c++

From: Bastian Beischer
Subject: Re: Semantic mode for c++
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:42:13 +0200

Hey,

I guess the problem is that the semantic lexer does not set the correct
preprocessor macros when lexing the STL include files. In particular, to
set the C++ standard version, one has to set the __cplusplus macro to a
particular value. The compiler does this automatically for you when you
compile with -std=XXX, but semantic does not know anything about this
compiler flag.

You can customize the macro definitions used in semantic in the variable
"semantic-lex-c-preprocessor-symbol-map".

However, I don't think semantic currently supports all the new C++11 and
above keywords which have entered the language when parsing code, so you
might get mixed results.

Cheers
Bastian

--
Bastian Beischer
RWTH Aachen University of Technology

@RWTH Aachen
Office: 28 C 203
Phone: +49-241-80-27205
E-mail: beischer@physik.rwth-aachen.de
Address: I. Physikalisches Institut B, Sommerfeldstr. 14, D-52074 Aachen

@CERN
Office: Bdg 32-4-B12
Phone: +41-22-76-75750
E-mail: bastian.beischer@cern.ch