Re: Edit Google Drive docs from Emacs?

From: Aleksandar Simic
Subject: Re: Edit Google Drive docs from Emacs?
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 07:06:02 +0100

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 1:29 AM, Skip Montanaro <skip.montanaro@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I wonder if there is some capability (something similar in flavor to
> Tramp, for instance) which would allow me to edit files in Google
> Drive. I'm on Ubuntu 16.04LTS using GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (/usr/bin/emacs
> on my system). I just want to edit simple text files for now.

See the Tramp documentation here:

https://www.gnu.org/software/tramp/#GVFS-based-methods

In particular look for 'gdrive' under the linked section.

Then see this repo, which I got from EmacsWiki. It's meant to be the fork
of the original googlecl, which now uses OAuth2 for authentication:

https://github.com/vinitkumar/googlecl

Alex