Re: How to translate LaTeX into UTF-8 in Elisp?

From: Udyant Wig
Subject: Re: How to translate LaTeX into UTF-8 in Elisp?
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 12:35:35 +0530

On 07/04/2017 02:57 PM, Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:

> () Udyant Wig <udyant.wig@gmail.com>
> () Tue, 4 Jul 2017 12:43:34 +0530
>
>    I think that as long as the layer between the given tool
>    outside and Emacs is good
>
> Could you explain what you mean by "good", here?

By 'good', I meant that, at least for some definite core functionality
of the tool outside, the Emacs layer which interacts with it presents a
clean interface to the user, integrated well with the rest of Emacs; one
can then work as though the tool (or the above mentioned definite core
functionality of it) were an indistinguishable part of Emacs.

Of course, a great layer may also go beyond the basics and offer an
enhanced experience within Emacs.  I have mentioned Magit, which
provides a very nice way to work with git.  The dictionary.el package is
another I use.

Did this help?

--
... while the ways of art are hard at the best, they will break you if
you go unsustained by belief in what you are trying to do.