Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 06:56:48 +0900

>> How about this?
>>
>> http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/adv/wol/dy/opinion/culture_100823.html
>>

> Thanks - I did find that and it contains some useful references but I
> was looking for a more "official" position, not an opinion piece (not
> necessarily a statement by the government, but something from a
> reputable source reporting that the government was considering it).
> Also, this is dated Aug. 23, 2010.

"the media widely covered the report of the Commission on Japan's Goals in the
21st Century commissioned by the late Prime Minister Obuchi in December 1999,
which noted that adoption of English as the second official language needed to
be discussed"

> There are plenty of Japanese multinationals that are adopting English
> as their "official" language. That certainly creates pressure on the
> government to adopt a more flexible policy:

No, it is irrelevant.

> I wondered whether there
> is any tangible manifestation of that pressure having any effect on the
> government (yet).

You have the problem backward.

Jean-Christophe