Re: autosave in the background

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: autosave in the background
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 19:46:43 +0200

Sharon Kimble wrote:

> I have a file that I'm working on which is
> 3.3mbs in size, using org-mode, and whilst
> I'm writing it *everything*, literally
> everything, stops and pauses, becoming
> unresponsive until its saved completely.
> Hence my request.

1) It shouldn't take that long to save.
   Try this command:

       $ time head -c 3M < /dev/urandom > file

   On my R-Pi, probably the most stylish but
   admittedly a very slow computer compared to
   most laptops and desktops, on my system this
   take only 0.67s.

2) Don't use files that long! Go to the
   hardware store and ask for a shorter one...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573