Re: Quality of PDF display in Doc-View

From: Danny YUE
Subject: Re: Quality of PDF display in Doc-View
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 11:11:30 +0800

On 2017-07-19 01:37, Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> wrote:
> Recently the quality of display of PDF in doc-view has gotten worse.  I
> haven't changed Emacs, so it can't be a problem with Emacs.
>
> I expect that something on the Ghostscript side has changed.  Has
> anyone heard anything about a regression in Ghostscript?
>
> BR,
> Robert Thorpe

If you want to view PDF in Emacs, I strongly recommend pdf-tools.

It uses libpoppler to rander your PDF document and provides sufficient
functionality to view and manipulate PDF files, including zooming,
adding marks, annotations etc.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

Install it from MELPA and start your unimaginative journey!

Hope that helps.

Danny