Re: I want to contribute and chose right project for graduate thesis

From: Kevin Buchs
Subject: Re: I want to contribute and chose right project for graduate thesis
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 18:30:24 +0000

As I understand it, Mario, you need a Master's level project and you have
an interest in Emacs and C programming.

This will get you started on contributing to GNU in general:
https://www.gnu.org/help/help.en.html .

Your advisor should be the be to judge what the appropriate level of work
would be. I would not assume US levels would apply and even within US it
varies by school and degree options.

I don't have any actual information on this, but I  would guess that there
is not much work being done on the C code for emacs, mostly on the elisp
code. There is a parallel email/news group  for those developing emacs.
They would be the authorities. They may be a good source of ideas for
projects you could do. If you can get some idea of the appropriate level of
effort for the project, that will improve the ideas. Effort could be lines
of code or the amount of time expected to complete the work.

Kevin Buchs